Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Here!!!

Well I finally made it to Iceland at about 6:00am this morning Iceland time (about 1:00am Alabama time). My flight was about 5 hours and although I thought that I would sleep the entire way, I actually watched 3 movies on the plane (Happy Feet, Rumor Has It, and 21). I got through the immigration checkpoint alright, however somehow I knew that the customs guys were going to want to check my bags...sure enough they stopped me...I guess I did look a little suspicious with 3 huge duffles bags and a small carry on suitcase...you are only allowed 2 peices of luggage on Icelandair so I had to pay extra to bring that third duffle bag...It was well worth every penny because my 3rd bag held all the cute clothes and shoes that I bought while I was in NY!...Shopping in NY is the BEST!!!! I was really careful to buy clothes that would serve pregnancy or non-pregnancy purposes...
The customs guys asked me where I was from and how long I would be staying in Iceland...When I told him that I was actually moving to Iceland his look of bewilderment followed by "REALLY!" made me laugh.
I was so happy to see Saevar waiting for me as I wheeled my bags through the gate!!! It had been a long 7 days without him...
I love coming to Iceland because the flights always arrive in the morning so the first thing that you do when you arrive is EAT BREAKFAST!!!
I was, of course, starving when I got off the plane as I knew that I would be and I had forgotten to ask Saevar to bring me a snack of some sort...However, when I got to the car he had a carton of Icelandic yogurt waiting for me (my favorite!!!!!!). I was so happy and the baby was happy too! We were starving!
Saevar drove us to his parents house in our new car...I really like it-it's a volkswagon passat wagon!!! It rides nice and it's clean and roomy...It will be perfect for the new baby!!!!

4 comments:

ACG said...

Glad that you made it safe and that the tradition of eating and Jezebellness carries on :) Don't ask why I'm up at 4am. Just ate some apple jacks... my allergies were acting up so I needed something crunchy to help stop the itching of the top of my mouth... but anyway, you guys stay blessed and avoid the CHOCOLATE RAIN! :) talk 2 you later...

rera said...

Good to see you have made it there. all yall is jezebelles..... keep in touch and send pictures. talk to you later.

Stacy said...

Glad you made it safely! Good luck to Sy tonight in his game!

Stacy said...

Glad you made it safely! Good luck to Sy tonight in his game!