Sunday, April 5, 2009

My neice- Khloe Che'lynn!!!!!

While I was in the States I got to help deliver my niece- Khloe Che'lynn. She is the most precious little thing ever! Yes, I am a proud auntie!!! Alot of people told me that I was very brave to be in the delivery room with my sister, knowing that I was about to experience child birth myself in a few months. My sister was sooooo brave and she delivered Khloe WITHOUT an epidural!!! Since I will be delivering my baby here in Iceland without an epidural (unless there are complications), her experience gave me very real view of what to expect in my own delievery. I do understand, however, that our experiences can and probably will be totally different.
Childbirth, to say the least, is so amazing. I cannot even describe how intense and wonderful the whole thing was. I am so glad, however, that I have will have a little over two months to mentally prepare myself for my own baby's birth.
Tamara was induced early Monday morning on February 23. Her water broke at 8:30am that morning. She was in labor for about 7 hours and Khloe was born at 3:19pm that afternoon. I got to cut the umblical cord! It was awesome! Tamara's nurse and her doctor were both great and they took good care of her, but I will have to say that our mom was the MVP!!! Momma was awesome! She was soooooo encouraging and motivating! She really helped Tamara make it through.
Khloe weighed 6lbs-14ozs and was 19.5 inches long. She is about 6 weeks old now and she weighs almost 10 lbs! The pics below were taken when she was first born.

This is Khloe when she was just a few minutes old...I was so shocked at how rough the nurse was with her...She handled her more like a football rather than a newborn baby!

Khloe and her nana!!!

Khloe and her auntie!!!

Look at that precious sleeping baby!!!!

A little fussy here...She was probably hungry!

Ahhhhhh! That's better...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

She is so precious!!! Give Tamara a high five for me for delivering without the drugs! She is a strong woman! You all rock!

It was great talking with you today! I miss you so much. I can't wait until you, Sy, and baby Logan (aha) are here with us again!