Thursday, February 12, 2009

Her first pictures...

Our baby girl had her first pictures taken on Tuesday, February 10. We had our 4D ultrasound that morning and it was truly amazing!!! We are in love and seeing her just made us so much more anxious to meet her in person! We had a time getting her to cooperate at first- she was still sleeping and 10:30am is really early for her to be up and moving around. She is already a night owl- every night at about 10:30pm she starts having a party!!! So the midwife and I tried several techniques to get her to move those little hands from the front of her face. She finally began to cooperate. She was so precious- moving, and drinking, and sucking her fingers!

The first thing that we noticed when we got a good view of her was that she definitely has my nose! The umbilical cord is draped around her neck in these pictures. The midwife said that its just floating there and not choking her or anything. It looks kind of like a scarf (she is already stylish like her momma!).
Here she is sucking her little fingers. This ultrasound truly gave new meaning to Psalm 139:13-17 which reads:
"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous- and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable!"


We thank God for this precious little life- we already know that the Heavenly Father is as crazy about her as we are!

1 comment:

QuitaShay said...

What a blessing!! So precious..now WHY were you up at 4:30am!!???!!!